The 4th edition of the Kenya Fashion Awards 2016 took place at the Tribe Village market last Saturday. As part of my not very regular random musings/fashion pieces, I feature some of my favourite looks of the night and a list of the winners.
The purpose of Kenya Fashion Awards is to recognize the very best of Kenyan fashion talent such as designers, make-up artists, fashion writers, fashion photographers, models etc.
According to their website, “Kenya Fashion Awards incorporate fashion, music, photography and art to create a magical runway experience and recognize and award the most talented in the industry.”
1. Designer to watch- Wambui Mukenyi
2. East Africa Designer Of The Year – Mustafa Hassanali
3. Photographer of the Year – Osborne Macharia
4. Makeup Artist of the Year – Ruthie’ Kinuthia (Makeup by ‘Ruthie’)
5. Media Fashion Award – Fashion Watch (Citizen TV)
6. Fashion Blogger Of the Year – Damaris Muga (Toi Market Blogspot)
7. Fashion Stylist Of The Year – Brian Babu
8 . Female model of the year – Faith Waithera
9. Male model of the year – Darrel Gee
10. Fashion Brand Of The Year – Vivo
11. Special Recognition Award – Alan Donovan
12. Up-coming photographer of the year – Yonah Simiyu Kibunguchi
13. Upcoming designer of the year – Bobbin & Seif
14. Student Designer of the year – Moreen Shena ( K.U )
15. Student Fashion Photographer of the year – Waraho Mwangi from (BIFA)
16. Upcoming Male model of the Year – Meshack Okeyo ( UoN )
17. Upcoming Female model of the year – Achai Deng (KEMU)
Who wore what? Check out some of my favorite looks
Njanja Koby – Makeup artist
Wambui Thimba – Fashion stylist (We really like)
Diana Opoti dressed by IKOJN
Eddie Kirindo – Editorial fashion stylist
Mohammed Bana – Designer
Ian Mussilli – Blogger And Fashion Stylist
Who was your favourite? I really love Diana Opoti’s outfit and Wambui Thimba was also slaying so simple yet very chic!!!
Photos courtesy: Nick Klaus Facebook Peep More Photos There!!!!