Whenever I’m craving something sweet and there isn’t enough time to whip up some cupcakes, cinnamon rolls or cake I tend to make pancakes.
These banana walnut pancakes have stolen my heart. Walnuts in carrot cake too, but that’s a recipe for another day. I whipped up some real quick and had to stop myself from eating more than three.
They are fluffy and tender and I love that little bite you get from the chopped walnuts added into the pancake batter. I use maziwa mala, but feel free to use non-dairy options if you like.
What’s a pancake recipe without your favorite toppings? Whether it’s a good drizzling of maple syrup, honey, some fruit like I did here with stewed berries and homemade yoghurt. Feel free to do whatever floats your boat.
Generally, the sugar addition to my recipes since I’m no sweet tooth so feel free to adjust upwards if the one tbsp of sugar and the super ripe bananas don’t cut it for you😉.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup maziwa mala
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp cardamom
- Freshly grated nutmeg 1/4tsp
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Makes 6 pancakes
- Sift your flour, add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, cardamom and grate some nutmeg and chopped walnuts.
- Mash 2 super ripe large bananas, add one egg,, vanilla extract and whisk.
- Add the melted butter and the maziwa mala.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
- Cook each pancake until bubbles appear on top and it's ready to turn
- Top with your favorites. I'm using walnuts, stewed raspberries and strawberries with some homemade yoghurt.